School Day #93
Remember we have a Kindergarten Zoom Call at 11 AM today! We will be sharing about something we are really good at OR are practicing. And we will be reciting our tongue twister Fuzzy Wuzzy together and looking for volunteers!
Enjoy Day #93 of school!
- Morning Prayer – 10 minutes
- Morning Prayer booklet
- Psalm 4 sheet
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness lyric sheet
To start Morning Prayer, just press play on the audio bar below. We invite you to participate alongside your child.
Sing along to the first two verses before beginning Motor Lab.
- Motor Lab Stretches – 5 minutes
- Cushions, towels, small mats, silky fabric, etc.
Key Activity: Do 3 Popcorns with your child.
Review the 4 Key Activity stretches here if you need a refresher.
- Calendar and Weather Activities – 10 minutes
- Calendar Packet
Review the calendar OR weather portion with your child. OR, if they are interested, complete the whole thing! Experiment with what activities and what timing work best for your family.
- Phonics – 15 minutes
- Letter W Picture – Please open this document so you and your child can study the picture together
Click the video below and watch along with your child.
- Upload A Letter Bag Photo – 5 minutes
Once your child has found an item that starts with the letter “w”, please take a picture of them and upload it to the W Letter Bag post on the Mighty Network!
- Math – 15 minutes
- Scissors and Glue
- Worksheet 20-1, Building Tens and Ones (to save time, you can precut these pieces and put them in a bag for the lesson)
- Worksheet 20-2, Building Tens and Ones
- Dance – Shoo Fly – 5 – 10 minutes
Do the Shoo Fly Dance to music!
Forgot the dance? Watch this video.
- Free Play – 30 minutes
- Handwriting – 10 minutes
- Handwriting Workbook – Page 65
- Blank piece of lined handwriting paper
Please watch along with your child and ensure they are writing their letter V correctly.
- Doing Words – 5 minutes
- Previous Words
- Tan lined strip of paper
Complete another Doing Words exercise with your child. See this video for a demonstration by Erica and Zenie.
- Recitation – Nursery Rhymes – 5 – 10 minutes
Prompt your child to recite the first stanza of Mary Had A Little Lamb. If they need to practice more, read the first stanza aloud to them and talk about the rhyming words (snow & go).
If your child knows the first stanza by heart, practice the second stanza with them and talk about the rhyming words (day & play; rules & school).
Read the whole poem again before moving on to the next lesson.
Recitation Tip: If your child is getting antsy, let them try to act out the nursery rhyme while you read it. They will be learning it, even if their body is moving!
- Handicraft – Clay Elephant – 15 minutes
- Model Magic (from school materials bag)
- Butter knife or other carving tool
- (Optional) Food coloring or paint
Watch the video below follow the steps, pausing as needed. If you want you can mix a drop or two of food coloring into your clay to color it or you use tempera or acrylic paints to paint your elephants after they have dried.
- Literature – 15 minutes
Then listen along as Mrs. Resendez reads to us one final time from The Adventures of Winnie-The-Pooh, Chapter 10: In Which Christopher Robin gives Pooh a Party and We Say Goodbye.
Next week we will start The Adventure of Brer Rabbit!
Happy Thursday, kindergarten students and families! We had such a full week: we are only two letters away from reviewing the whole alphabet, we finished our tongue twister, we are getting really good at our math games, and we finished Winnie-the-Pooh. Have a great weekend!
As always, reading with your child in the evenings is a great way to grow their mental word bank and fluency, and they may want to show their Math Card Deck to a parent or sibling after dinner!
If you find yourselves with more free time, please refer to our Additional Resources page for some great websites to explore.
See you next week for School Day #94.